Thursday, July 17, 2014

Good Luck

"Aren't you going to wish me good luck?"

I looked into her eyes. They were filled with worry and fear, but also a little disappointment. The nerves were eating her up inside and she was looking for relief. I hadn't wished her good luck, and even though she had been given great encouragement by countless others, my wish was the only one that mattered.

"Darlin', look at me," I said grabbing her hands. "You don't need my luck or anyone else's for that matter. You're amazing. There's no one else out there who is better for this than you are. You'll be great." A deep sigh signaled her ability to finally breathe again. Looking deep into my eyes, a tear ran down her cheek. Wiping it away, I smiled and gave her a kiss. 

"Besides," I told her, "I don't have much luck left to give. I used it all finding you."



No comments :

Post a Comment